Order of Omega
The Omega Nu Chapter at Kent State University was founded in 1969. Chapter meeting times are bi-weekly on Mondays from 8pm-9pm. Order of Omega can only accept a handful of members every year. If you are interested in applying, please complete the application below by April 7, 2017.
The purpose of The Order of Omega shall be threefold:
- First, to recognize those students who have attained a high standard of leadership in inter-Greek activities, to encourage them to continue along this line, and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment.
- Second, to bring together the most representative fraternity and sorority members, and to create an organization which will help mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate affairs.
- Third, to bring together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution's fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding, and cooperation.
Order of Omega is an honorary organization for Greek members of various affiliations to come together as leaders of the Greek community and campus. By providing an outlet for Greek members to voice opinions on larger community issues, we hope to create a threshold of understanding where members can not only better themselves, but better their Kent community at large.
ORDER OF OMEGA EXECUTIVE BOARD OFFICERS
- President - Jacquelyn Kerby
- VP of Programming - Kaylee Peterson
- VP of Membership - Kayla Benson
- Secretary - Alen Twichell
- Treasurer - Tyler Cronie
- VP of Scholarship - Sara Euler
- Social Chair - Laura Wester
- Community Service Chair - Beth Coccia
- Social Media Chair - Andrea Diese
Rho Lambda is a National Sorority Leadership Recognition Society. The purpose of Rho Lambda is to honor those women within the sorority community who have exhibited the highest qualities of leadership and service to their Greek community and their sorority. They are women who have furthered the ideals and principles of the Greek community throughout their years of sorority affiliation.
Meeting are held one Monday each month
An overall average of a 3.2 is required for membership. Only active members of a national sorority in their junior or senior year are eligible for membership. To be eligible for membership, those described above must have been initiated, active members of their sorority for at least two full academic terms or semesters. Transfer students who are already members of a national sorority will be eligible for membership after one term or semester on the university or college campus. To be eligible for membership, candidates must be regularly enrolled, full-time undergraduate students in the university or college.
2017 EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS
President: Natalie Kovacich
Vice President: Nicole Nugent
Secretary: Arielle Shaw
Membership Vice President: Marisa Bellisario
Financial Vice President: Kahla Fury
Social Media: Eryn Gebacz
Apparel: Laura Wester